THE APPLICATION PERIOD FOR THE GFRN HAS CLOSED. Please check back for future opportunities.
- Professional experience as a journalist, with examples of published work.
- Complete fluency in written English. Writing samples with language errors will reduce the likelihood an application moving forward.
- Ability to work remotely and meet deadlines. This includes reliable Internet access.
- Ability to receive payment through PayPal or MoneyGram.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience incorporating data into written pieces.
- Base of location in one of our focus areas.
- Previous success in getting published in major media outlets.
- Professional experience in the field of environmental journalism.
- Knowledge of international forest issues.
- Basic knowledge of GIS or other geographical information systems.
- Photography skills and equipment, if located in one of our focus areas.
When applying for a position with the GFRN, please include the following
- A one-page letter of interest. In it, demonstrate with relevant examples your ability to meet deadlines and work remotely, as well as how this position effectively combines your professional background and interests.
- A resume or CV.
- Two or three published writing samples in English that showcase your writing ability, while demonstrating your grasp of conservation and forest-related issues.
Email application materials to Morgan Erickson-Davis: morgan [at] mongabay.com.