MONGABAY SPECIAL REPORTING PROJECTS
Mongabay Special Reporting Projects provides opportunities for journalists around the world to report on key conservation stories. These projects spur increased public awareness around a specific environmental topic, potentially creating an enabling environment for a broad range of key stake holders working on specific environmental issues or raising key questions among targeted audiences. Quality journalism fuels dialogue between government, NGOs, communities, and lobbying groups as well as concerned citizens in an effort to find solutions to the environmental challenges we face now and in the years ahead. The process of educating these groups about the importance of conserving natural resources plays a major role in promoting advocacy and facilitating cooperation.
These opportunities support a large number of journalists to investigate and explore these key questions, allowing those journalists to become issue-area experts in these important areas, which they can take forward in their careers.
- Global Agroforestry – announced 4-Aug-2017
- Amazon Infrastructure – announced 03-May-2017
- Global Environmental Impacts of U.S. policy – announced 03-May-2017
- Conservation Effectiveness in Madagascar – announced 09-Feb-2017
- Asian Rhinos – announced 20-Sep-2016
- Infrastructure expansion in Indonesia, Malaysia and Papua New Guinea – announced 20-Sep-2016
- Indonesian Coal – announced 12-July-2016
- Global Forests – announced 20-May-2016
- Fisheries in Indonesia – announced 28-Mar-2015
- Palm Oil – announced 4-Mar-2015