- Dr. Brodie Ferguson (Chairman of the Board) is an anthropologist and forest carbon project developer working with indigenous communities in Colombia and Brazil (Colombia/USA)
- Alyson Blume (Secretary of the Board) is a UX designer at Wexus Technologies, a start-up that is working to make agriculture more energy and water efficient. (USA)
- Dr. Christopher Herndon (Treasurer of the Board) is a physician focusing on reproductive health and ethnobotanist with experience in Peru, Suriname, Colombia, and Venezuela (USA)
- Cynthia M. Adams is currently CEO of GrantStation and has spent her career helping nonprofits identify and secure the funding and raising funds to help set-aside public lands in Alaska (Mexico/USA)
- Mark Cappellano is a conservationist and entrepreneur based in Los Angeles. He is a managing partner of several ventures and is active with several other NGOs (USA).
- Holt Thrasher has more than 35 years’ experience in investment banking, information technology, and consulting. He is currently Founder and CEO of Synovia Capital, an investment fund focused on ecosystem management within the data analytics sector. Holt is an active conservationist and nature enthusiast and serves as Trustee and Treasurer of the National Marine Sanctuaries Foundation and was formerly Chairman of the National Audubon Society.
- Penn A. Butler is an attorney specializing in Chapter 11 bankruptcy and corporate restructuring (USA)
- Peter Riggs was the founder and director of the Forum on Democracy & Trade before joining the Ford Foundation as a program officer. He is now an advisor at CLUA (USA)
- Tim Kelly is the former president of the National Geographic Society, conceiving of and leading the development of the National Geographic Channels (USA)
- Triona Gogarty is a speech-language pathologist and elementary school teacher with 35 years experience working in early development and literacy (USA)
- Rhett A. Butler is the founder of Mongabay.com and Mongabay.org (USA).
- Dr. Jane Goodall, DBE, is a primatologist, author, and conservation icon. She is the founder of the Jane Goodall Institute and a UN Messenger of Peace (UK)
- Dr. William F. Laurance is a rainforest ecologist now based at James Cook University in Cairns, Australia. He was formerly at the Smithsonian Tropical Research Institution (Australia/USA)
- Dr. Peter Raven is a botanist who was formerly the director of the Missouri Botanical Garden. Today he is President Emeritus of the institution. (USA)
- Aida Greenbury an Indonesian forester who for 13 years worked on sustainability issues at Asia Pulp & Paper (APP), one of the world’s largest integrated forestry, pulp and paper groups. Aida left APP in May 2017 to become an independent sustainability advisor. (Indonesia)