Enter to win a Margaret Atwood book & prize pack by supporting Mongabay
In the final weeks of Mongabay’s Sustaining Supporter fund drive, we’re excited to invite readers to enter a giveaway of great Margaret Atwood gifts by becoming a monthly supporter. Sign up to support Mongabay’s impact-driven journalism for at least $15/month at www.mongabay.org/donate between Thursday, June 4 and World Rainforest Day (Monday, June 22) and you’ll be entered to win one of the following two prize packs:
Prize Pack #1: Signed paperback copy of the award-winning classic The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood which the Emmy Award-winning TV series is based on, “A Word is Power” Margaret Atwood journal, and “A Word is Power” Margaret Atwood tote bag.
Prize Pack #2: Signed hardcover copy of (the Booker Prize-winning sequel to the above) The Testaments by Margaret Atwood, “A Word is Power” Margaret Atwood socks, and “A Word is Power” Margaret Atwood T-shirt (women’s XL).
Monthly giving is the most powerful form of individual support for Mongabay because it provides consistent and reliable funding to report on timely issues every day while also allowing us to plan ahead. By helping to make fact-based, independent journalism possible, you can support informed decision making, increased accountability, and greater transparency from governments, corporations, agencies, and organizations worldwide. Reaching more than six million monthly readers, Mongabay facilitates information exchange and provides a global platform for the voices of often unheard indigenous people and local communities.
The winners of the giveaway will be randomly selected and notified by 5 p.m. Pacific Time on Tuesday, June 23 by email at the email address provided on their entry. Entry is open to legal residents of the United States 18 years old or older.
Head here to begin your monthly support of Mongabay and qualify to win these fun prizes, www.mongabay.org/donate.
GIVEAWAY OFFICAL RULES
NO PAYMENT, PURCHASE OR DONATION IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN AND WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- SPONSOR. This giveaway (“Giveaway”) is sponsored by Mongabay.Org Corporation, P.O. Box 291, Menlo Park, CA 94026 (“Sponsor”). Sponsor may be reached by email at [email protected].
- ELIGIBILITY. Open to legal residents of the United States 18 years or older. Employees, directors or officers and contractors of Sponsor and anyone involved with the Giveaway and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to enter. This Giveaway is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- GIVEAWAY PERIOD. The Giveaway begins on June 4, 2020 at 9:00 AM Pacific Time and ends on June 22, 2020 at 5:00 PM Pacific Time (the “Giveaway Period”).
- HOW TO ENTER. To be eligible for the Giveaway, all entries must be received during the Giveaway Period. There are two ways to enter the Giveaway.
a. Automatic Entry with Donation: Sign up as a sustaining donor for at least $15/month at mongabay.org/donate by entering your full name, email and donation amount, clicking the box for “Make this a recurring amount,” clicking the “Donate” button, and completing all other prompts to finish the transaction. For signing up as a sustaining member for at least $15 per month, you will receive one entry for the Giveaway. Donations are final and nonrefundable.
b. Alternative Method of Entry Without Making a Donation: To enter the Giveaway without making a donation, send an email to [email protected] with the subject “Spring Sustainers Drive Giveaway” and provide your name, email address and physical address in the body of the email.
By participating in the Giveaway, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these official rules and the decisions of Sponsor.
- PRIZES. The two (2) prize packs that will be given away in this Giveaway are:
- Prize Pack #1:
- Signed paperback copy of The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood, approximate retail value of $15.95; and
- “A Word is Power” Margaret Atwood journal, approximate retail value of $14.00.
- “A Word is Power” Margaret Atwood tote bag, approximate retail value of $20.00.
- Prize Pack #2:
- Signed hardcover copy of The Testaments by Margaret Atwood, approximate retail value of $95.00;
- “A Word is Power” Margaret Atwood socks, approximate retail value of $12.00;
- “A Word is Power” Margaret Atwood T-shirt (women’s XL), approximate retail value of $30.00.
The odds of winning any prizes in this Giveaway depend on the number of eligible entries received. Prizes are awarded “as is.” No substitutions are allowed. Prizes will be awarded, provided a sufficient number of eligible entries are received. Prizes may not be transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Taxes, if any, related to the prize are the responsibility of each individual winner.
- WINNER SELECTION. Two (2) winners will be randomly drawn among all eligible entries to randomly receive the prizes listed below. All decisions of Sponsor are final. In order for the selected winners to receive their respective prizes, the entry details (i.e., name, email address and mailing address) must be confirmed by the winner. Failure of the winner to confirm such information will result in another winner being drawn from among all eligible entries. A list of winners may be made available at mongabay.org/blog and will be provided upon request at [email protected].
- PRIZE RESTRICTIONS. Winning entrants are subject to verification of identity and eligibility prior to the award of any prize. Winning entrants will be notified by email at the email address provided on their entry. Within seven (7) days of the date that notification is sent, the winning entrants must, by retain email or other means as may be directed by the Sponsor, provide a response indicating each entrant’s acceptance of the prize and providing the sponsor with confirmation of the winning entrant’s identity and eligibility and agreement with the terms and conditions contained in these official rules. Failure to promptly confirm or to comply with these official rules will result in entrant’s disqualification. Entrants who do not provide a timely and complete response will be disqualified and will forfeit any prize. In addition, any prize will be forfeited if any winning entrant is found to be ineligible, not in compliance with these official rules, or declines to accept the prize.
- GENERAL RULES. The Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Giveaway, violates the official rules, or acts in any disruptive manner, or with the intent or result of annoying, abusing, threatening or harassing any other person. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate or postpone the Giveaway in its sole discretion. In the event of termination or cancellation of the Giveaway, the prizes may be awarded by alternate means in the Sponsor’s discretion. The decisions of Sponsor are final on all matters relating to this Giveaway.
- RELEASE AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. No responsibility or liability is assumed for damages, losses, or injury resulting from acceptance or use of any prize or participation in the Giveaway and Sponsor shall have no liability or responsibility for, and each entrant for and on behalf of themselves, their heir(s) and successors, hereby releases, indemnifies and hold harmless Sponsor, its employees, directors, officers, agents, representatives and anyone working at the direction or with the permission of sponsor from, any claim arising in connection with participation in this Giveaway, and/or any prize awarded. Participants assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Giveaway, and/or use of any prize. This limitation of liability is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect, or consequential damages; loss of data, income or profit; loss or damage to property; and claims of third parties. The Sponsor and its agents are not responsible for deliveries or any a failure to deliver by any courier, postal service, technical, hardware, software or telephone or facsimile malfunctions of any kind or lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications associated with or utilized in this Giveaway or by any human error that may occur in the processing of the Giveaway.
- APPLICABLE LAWS AND JURISDICTION. This Giveaway is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these official rules and of the rights and responsibilities of the participants in and Sponsor of the Giveawayshall be governed by the laws of the State of California, without regard to any principles of conflict of laws. All disputes arising out of or in connection with this Giveaway shall be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by the United States District Court for the District of California or the appropriate California state court for the City of Emerald Hills, San Mateo County, and participants in consent to the jurisdiction of such courts with respect to all such disputes. To the extent permitted by applicable law, all judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys’ fees) associated with participation in this Giveaway and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.